In our efforts to showcase the unique talents we have in our community, we are now introducing our latest project, the Artist Spotlight!
This project, which was spearheaded by the Friends of the Bridgeport Public Library, hopes to transform the wall above the new couch we have in the front of the library.
We accept artists of all ages although any artists under the age of 18 will need permission from a parent or guardian. Art can be in any medium and will remain in the space for 3 months at a time. While sales are prohibited, artists may provide their own promotional materials with their contact information and website.
All art pieces displayed as an Artist Spotlight must meet the following criteria:
• All art must fit on the wall provided. The dimensions of the wall are 65”x65”. Art may not hang from the ceiling or obstruct any furniture. Library staff will be responsible for affixing the art piece to the wall.
• All art will be displayed for three months at a time. The Artist will be notified of their pick-up date and will be given one week from that date to pick up their art. The Library is not responsible for art the Artist fails to pick up in the allotted time. Artists may be of any age, but those under 18 will need parental permission before consideration.
• Interested Artists may reach out to Angela Spatafore, Adult Services Coordinator by phone at 304-842-8248 Option 5 or email email@example.com to discuss details and be placed on the rotation schedule. Interested Artists will be asked to provide photos or PDFs of the art they want to display. Appointments at the Library may be an option for Artists that do not have the ability to provide these digital files.
• The displayed art may be of any media but must be appropriate for all ages and not contain any references to illegal acts or objects, sexual activities, religion, or politics. All art must be approved by the Library, and the Library reserves the right to refuse any art deemed inappropriate for the Artist Spotlight.
• The Artist is free to provide their own brochures, business cards, and other marketing materials to display in a community-centric area of the library. The Library is not responsible for printing, designing, or replenishing these materials. However, the Library will make a social media post promoting the Artist Spotlight every new rotation. The Artist may not sell their artwork on Library grounds, but their marketing materials may include their contact information those interested can use to reach out.
• The Library will accept repeat Artists, but new Artists will be given priority.
Any interested artists can contact Angela Spatafore, our Adult Services Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
"Washie Wishes" by Debi Eastep;
photo collage displayed from October-December 2023